4.02.2006

*1985-2005

The period between the ball landing in Larry Herndon's glove on October 14, 1984 to clinch the Detroit Tigers fourth World Championship to the first pitch sailing out of Mark Buehrle's hand to open the 2006 season shouldn't count. What a sham. We were ripped off big time.

Thanks to some very responsible and investigative reporting, I am led to believe what I refused to believe before. When Jose Canseco strolled into Spring Training in 1985, the game became artificial. When Major League Baseball is finished investigating whatever it is they'll investigate, what is done at that point cannot erase what already has been done. It's now history. We will never know what was authentic and what wasn't during this period.

Hopefully from this season forward I'll be able to have a different view of what I see. Until then, I become a historian of the game. My history will run from 1876-1984, before The Steroid Era.

1 comment:

Hud said...

That's it! So the Tigers are the reigning champs as we head into 2006. Love it.