6.12.2006

Holy K-Rap! Dodgies/Tigers both in 1st



The Dodgers appear to be on a roll, despite hitting a relatively rough 5-5 patch in the past 10 games. The rookies are shining, led by Matt Kemp -- the Manny "Without Being" Manny. Read all about it in this great MLB piece. He said back in spring he was going Major straight from 'A'. Shot caller! Even when the team isn't blazing the wins (Tomko!) the Dodgers are an interesting lot. Lotsa story lines.

Dodgers/Tigers in the fall classic? You betcha I just said that. I parlayed that baby at the beginning of the year so come November I'll be buying everyone a Mercedes.

World Cup Update: the U.S. still stinks. I gotta admit, the Cup has inspired some serious interest from me. (I enjoyed a 0-0 tie game. Do I lose my right to Social Security for that?)

Baseball still is more interesting, let there be no doubt. And the WBC will one day be a national holiday for previously soccer crazed nations.

Now that Dodgers/Tigers take sounds pretty sensible in comparison, eh?

No comments: