12.23.2006

My Season of Discontent

Ridiculous.

I've upgraded my Indians season ticket package from 20 games (of which I actually saw 15) to 27 this year, splitting a full season three ways with a couple of friends.

Sure, we upgraded our seats -- we're sitting on the left field foul line in the angled-seat section.

Sure, we have more games.

Sure, the Tribe's got to better than last year (don't EVEN get me started).

But there is a distinct possibility that if the Indians make a run deep into the 2007 playoffs, I'll be sipping the High Life out in Kauai.

Yes. That's right. I'm going to Hawaii for two weeks in October. The very same two weeks the American League Championship Series and World Series take place.

Of course, if the Tribe makes it that far, I'll be more than happy to drink myself into a stupor at 3 in the afternoon on a beach somewhere on southern Kauai. But damnit! I missed the last two World Series because of stupid college. And if those jackasses decide to get their acts together this year, I could very well miss this one.

I hate the Indians.

6 comments:

The Narrator said...

The sympathy is just gushing out of me right now.

Of course this means you're going to miss great October baseball in Cleveland (likely losing to Detroit).

Dr. Hot Crap said...

If we're losing to Detroit that late in October, New York has fallen into the Atlantic and Gary Sheffield hasn't been caught with steroids in his system.

Hud said...

Fourth place gets into the playoffs now?

Dr. Hot Crap said...

I love it! The smack-talking has already started and CC Sabathia hasn't even put on all 35 pounds for the winter!

somebodytogobackintimewith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
somebodytogobackintimewith said...

s
ym
p
a
t
h
y

meter falls to zero.


My friends from Ignatius would go on a murderous rampage if they heard of your 'predicament.' Which will likely remain a theoretical predicament as long as Borowski is Cleveland's closer.