5.13.2008

Quartermark: Hud's List of Thinkie

1. Andruw Jones is pretty much living up to my "hunch". I still wouldn't have guessed he'd be 70 pounds heavier than his rookie year.

2. Tigers being a really bad team is stunning. Lots of folks are acting as though this somehow makes sense (read Lynn Henning's case for starting pitching being the culprit and suggesting the Tigs may not be much better than a .500 team). The only reason this isn't #1 is that I've had time to digest it. I'd argue there is no explanation for this team...it just isn't reasonable for them to be losing at every chance they get -- if you just watched E. Renteria put the go-ahead run across for the Royals with an error tonight, you know what I mean. It has nothing to do with talent, tough-luck or any of that. It has to do with a lack of presence of mind in key situations (at bats, defense, pre-game prep) that stems from a failure of leadership. At this point, the Detroit Tigers are worse together than they would be apart. They are a failing team.

3. Marlins -- These guys are fun to watch! Maybe management will figure out a way to rip this team's heart out before the All-Star Break?

4. Boston is gull-dang good.

5. Even T. Hunter hasn't made me enjoy the Angels. The OC can tug a horse for all I care.

No comments: