4.17.2008

A Fat Man Pitched Batting Practice

Detroit fans, rejoice!

Your hometown Tigers will face C.C. Sabathia at least three more times, and given the fat man's performance last night, your team might meet its bonus clauses in those three games alone.

I watched in person last night as a very fat man tossed meatballs across the dish -- each one fatter and juicier than the last -- and each one traveling faster and farther into the mild Cleveland night.

It was a horrendous sight.

And while I wish last night's game was an abberration, each game I've watched this year (in person or on the TV), the Tribe has looked lost, disinterested, tired and unprofessional -- kind of like the Cleveland Browns of the late 1990s and early 2000s ... and mid-2000s, come to think. I digress.

The Indians are now tied with the Tigers for last place in the Central -- each winning a paltry one-third of its games.

No doubt there is time for the Tribe to reverse its disasterous course, but I fear last night I watched two teams going in opposite directions.

And that means I'm stuck with a crapload of worthless tickets, and I might have to (again) adopt the Tigers as a team to watch and root for (as I did in 2006).

And that just sucks because I hate Detroit.

2 comments:

Scott William Baird said...

I think CC would pitch better if he wore his hat strait.

Anonymous said...

The Straits of Sabbathia.

I think he actually has straightened his hat. Which is a funny sidebar to the crooked cap rulebook.