8.09.2006

My Post on Nate Robertson's Gum Time Blog

Nate,

Gum Time is alive and well out in Los Angeles. I live out here with a few other friends from Michigan State, and we follow every game, either on TV or online (work can be so inconvenient sometimes). Some of us Angeleno-Michiganders have been back to the Mitten in the past month or so, and all of us have made it a point to attend multiple Tigers games.

This is the most exciting sports story to come out of the state of Michigan since, well, 1984. More than the Bad Boys, more than the Larry Brown Pistons, more than the Lions' only playoff win (which I attended), more than Barry's 2,000-yard season.

Keep it up, man. We've got you covered in SoCal.

Best,

Craig Gaines

3 comments:

Deuce said...

Because I love you, Gaines, I think it's important to tell you that as you get older, sports injuries can strike unexpectedly. Just be careful you don't sprain anything jumping on the Tigers bandwagon.

Deuce said...

i know, i know, that was totally unfair. but it was a little bit funny which more than makes up for it.

The Narrator said...

I'm fixing the misspelling of Robertson's name in the hed, thanks to Schmidt.

And that was unfair, funny, and a tad hurtful. But I can get through it, because it's Gum Time, baby.