8.06.2006

Some Scattershot Thoughts on the Tigers

  • Craig Monroe has become so clutch it's pimp. He'll henceforth be referred to as Clutch Monroe.
  • The whole team is clutch. It's to the point now that I feel very comfortable when the Tigers are behind late in games. The bullpen gets the big outs, and someone ends up getting a key base hit.
  • They sometimes leave too many men on base, but the White Sox were notable last year for winning most of its games by narrow margins. I think it ended up making them more playoff ready. The Tigers are following the same path: Getting used to competing for every inning, developing a sense of inevitable and earned-for victory.
  • If things go a certain way this season, I'll give my firstborn the middle name of "Casey."
  • Jamie Walker is my favorite pitcher in the bullpen. Yes, more than Zumaya.
  • I think we'll want to remember the Pudge Walkoff Homer game for another reason: It's the game where Kenny Rogers came out of his funk. He allowed three quick runs, made some adjustments, and threw a one-hitter for this next 6 and a third.

*****

Three Prognostications of Pudge's Walkoff Homer

JOE REXRODE: "I've been saying this weekend that Pudge is due."
HUDSON: "Now here's another clutch hitter." (As Pudge walks up to the plate.)
GAINES: "End it." (As Carmona is making his delivery.)

3 comments:

somebodytogobackintimewith said...

Pudge makes the Tiger uniform look like it was designed for him to wear. He makes it look like a damn tuxedo. Which is something to think about if I ever get married. . .

Deuce said...

He DOES make the uni look good, but let's keep in mind that he had to drop the 'roids and about 40lbs to do so.

Still, that homer was something. I was lucky enough to be watching too. Did Carmona have the worst week in MLB history or was it some kind of dream?

Bless you boys said...

I hate Inge. Shave, man. Shave.